AR stands for Augmented Reality which is at the leading edge of immersive technologies, initiating a digital reformation that gains momentum with every passing hour. It is the art of overlining digital images onto the real world, very smoothly infusing the physical and digital landscapes to develop a captivating experience.
In AR, a digital layer is superimposed onto the physical world, offering users a fascinating fusion of reality and the virtual world. What makes it significant is that it doesn’t separate users from the real world; rather, it increases their cognition by combining sophisticated digital details to their atmosphere.
Read also – Top 10 Agritech Startups in Europe
This technology relies on compatible smart devices, such as smartphones or AR glasses, which serve as medium to this augmented space. The user, equipped with such devices, can experience AR’s real-time activities, perceiving both real and virtual elements simultaneously.
AR expands its reach to industries like healthcare, education, and engineering, where it develops learning, visualisation, and problem-solving. AR is an exemplary innovation that goes beyond entertainment and into the arena of real-time applications and implementations, providing a consistent infusion of the real and digital landscapes.
Read also – Top 10 European Gaming Startups
As technology continues to advance, the potential for AR is limitless, making it a dynamic aspect in the sphere of immersive technologies. European AR startups are contributing significantly to the development of the world, impacting numerous sectors and adoption of technologies.
1. European AR startups are playing a vital role in uplifting customer experiences across diverse sectors. They’ve empowered consumers to engage with virtual information in the real world, improving everything from retail and entertainment to learning and wellness.
2. Innovation in Healthcare: AR technology has been instrumental in medical training, surgical procedures, and patient care. European AR startups have created applications and tools that provide medical professionals with augmented information during surgery, improving accuracy and patient outcomes.
Read also – List of unicorn startups in Europe
3. Training and Education: AR is transforming education and training by creating immersive and interactive learning experiences. European startups have developed educational AR apps and platforms that cater to students of all ages, making learning more engaging and effective.
4. Retail and E-commerce:European AR startups have revolutionized the retail industry by introducing virtual try-on experiences, product visualization, and AR-based advertising. Customers can preview products, try on clothing virtually, and make more informed purchasing decisions.
Read also – Top 10 Profitable Unicorn Startups in Europe
5. Architectural and Design Visualization: AR has redefined how architects, designers, and engineers create and present their work. European AR startups have developed tools that allow professionals to visualize architectural designs in real environments, streamlining the design and approval process.
6. Tourism and Travel: AR has made travel more informative and engaging by overlaying digital information on real-world locations. European startups have created AR apps that provide tourists with historical and cultural insights when visiting landmarks and cities.
7. Entertainment and Gaming: AR gaming experiences, like “Pokémon GO,” have captivated global audiences. European AR startups have contributed by developing immersive and interactive games that blend the digital and physical worlds.
Read also – Top EdTech Startups in Europe
8. Workplace Productivity: AR is being adopted in the business world for tasks like remote assistance, maintenance, and training. European startups are at the forefront of developing AR solutions that improve workplace efficiency and knowledge sharing.
European AR startups have had a profound impact on the world by pushing the boundaries of technology and enhancing various aspects of our daily lives. Their contributions span from healthcare and education to retail, tourism, and beyond, making AR an integral part of today’s technology landscape.
Here is the list of the Top 10 climate Tech and Green Tech startups in Europe
Table of Contents
XYZ Reality, an European startup was founded in London by David Mitchell. It is a Business model B2B & SaaS service provider.
The company size is 11 to 50. This European startup was Awarded and recognitions by Red Dot Awards 2023, DCD global awards 2022, NCE Tech fest 2022 awards.
Anything World, an European startup was founded in London by Gordon Midwood. It is a Business model B2B & SaaS service provider. The company size is 51 to 100.
Read also – Top 10 Best AdTech startup in Europe
They are a new startup utilising AI to enable everyone to create in 3D. Their helpful, user-friendly, and flexible instruments make the 3D production process considerably simpler and faster, enabling you to become much more engaged in the creative process. They combine layers of behavioural intelligence generated from our state-of-the-art Machine Learning implementations with AI-powered rigging and animation. 3D animation is the last output for everyone.
Envisics, an European startup was founded in London by Dr. Jamieson Christmas. It is a Business model B2B service provider. The company size is 51 to 100.
Envisics is developing new technologies for augmented reality (AR) and head-up displays (HUDs) of the future. Their goal is to completely change how people view and engage with their cars and the environment, and they want to accomplish this through the use of their Dynamic Holography Platform.
FitXR, an European startup was founded in London by Sam Cole and Sameer Baroova. It is a Business model B2C & SaaS service provider. The company size is 51 to 100.
FitXR is a cutting-edge VR and MR technology solid that develops exercise products. They are a financially supported scale-up with the goal of establishing a healthier world for everybody and changing more lives than any other fitness company. They began in a garden shed in the UK in 2016. FitXR, one of the most downloaded apps on the Meta Quest store, is being created right now.
Resolution Games, an European startup was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2015 by Tommy Palm, Martin Vilcans and Paul Brady. It is a Business model B2C service provider. The company size is 101 to 250.
Resolution Games, the most well-known VR/AR gaming studio in the world, is revolutionising the way people interact and play together. With the goal of bringing fresh intellectual property (IP) to VR/AR platforms and beyond, the company is pushing the boundaries of multiplayer game development and distribution. No other studio compares to Resolution Games in terms of reach, ratings, and variety of games provided across all major VR and AR platforms.
Slamcore, an European startup was founded in London by Prof. Andrew Davison, Dr. Stefan Leutenegger, Dr. Jacek Zienkiewicz, Owen Nicholson of imperial college. It is a Business model B2B and SaaS service provider. The company size is 11 to 50.
Slamcore’s SDK allows your robot or device to understand and get around the complex and dynamic environments it lives in. Our programme, backed by a group of leading scientists, engineers, roboticists, and developers, is what spatial intelligence will look like in the future.
MindMaze, an European startup was founded in Lausanne, Switzerland in 2012 by Dr. Tej Tadi It is a Business model B2B service provider. The company size is 101 to 250.
The objective of MindMaze, a leader in digital neuro-therapeutics (DTx) solutions globally, is to quicken the brain’s capacity for healing, learning, and adaptation. with more than ten years of work experience in the nexus of artificial intelligence, mixed reality, biosensing, neurology, and engineering.
Scandit, an European startup was founded in Zurich, Switzerland in 2009 by Samuel Mueller, Christian Floerkemeier, Christof Roduner. It is a Business model B2B and SaaS service provider. The company size is 251 to 500.
Scandit gives employees, clients, and companies superpowers by automating end-to-end operations while providing actionable insights. With their unparalleled speed, precision, and intelligence, their Smart Data Capture technology enables smart devices—like smartphones, drones, digital eyewear, and robots—to interact with tangible objects by capturing data from barcodes, text, IDs, and objects.
Ready Player Me
Ready Player Me, an European startup was founded in Tallinn, Estonia in 2014 by Timmu Toke, Rainer Selvet, Kaspar Tiri and Haver Jarveoja. It is a Business model B2B and B2C service provider. The company size is 11 to 50.
Read also – London-based AI Startup TitanML Secures $2.8 Mn Pre-Seed Funding
The most popular avatar platform in the world is called Ready Player Me. The platform boosts customer loyalty with personalised avatars and allows firms to save months of development time by utilising AI, ML, and a suite of developer-first tools.
Ready Player Me, an European startup was founded in London by Alex. It is a Business model B2B and B2C service provider. The company size is 11 to 50.
Award-winning immersive enterprise learning software for the healthcare industry and beyond is called Virti. Virti facilitates the production and cross-platform dissemination of immersive, interactive (VR, AR, and MR) instructional content. It also offers analytics that can anticipate a user’s performance in real-world scenarios with intelligence.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What are the Top AR startups in Europe ?
XYZ Reality, Anything World, Envisics, FitXR, Resolution Games, Slamcore, MindMaze, Scandit, Ready Player Me, Virti, these are some Top AR startups in Europe.
Who is the founder of Virti ?
Founder of virti is Alex.
Where Scandit was Founded ?
Scandit was founded by Samuel Mueller, Christian Floerkemeier, Christof Roduner.